Saturday, February 14, 2009

snowy days....



Finally... finally I have been to Rocky Mtn National Park. Today I drove up with a friend to the park and we set out on a lovely hike. REI was having a snow shoeing event so I got to try out some cutting edge high end snow shoes I've been looking at for awhile. It was a blast and we both really enjoyed the tromping through the snow. Last year I went snow shoeing and I was amazed at how a little knowledge and better gear (better gloves, more layers, better shoes) makes such a huge difference. We drove a bit through what I'm pretty sure is the southern route of the park and I definately think this place will be a new hang-out. 

The wildlife viewing was really cool at the park. We saw tons of Elk (at least 2 herds) and some big horn sheep. I was really bummed that my camera had already ran out of batteries on the hike up. Next time...

Oh and I went to the Devotchka show Friday night with Mike... ah- they are a Denver insitution for a reason- everytime I see them I like them more. It was a great night and I can't wait till they play again. The show is more art experience than concert- I love it.

It's a Denver life for me these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment