Sunday, February 15, 2009

Denver is for walking...

It has been a lovely sunny day starting with sleeping in, trying out a new church (nice mass but a few too many grey hairs for me and bit too much organ music for me), and walking around till I found a place I wanted to have brunch. An afternoon of reading the sunday NY Times while eating out or sipping caffine at the local coffee shop means one thing- normalicy. I have reached a new normal as I walk through the town to cruise around Wash Park with a friend to talk boys and stretch our legs or a walk over to the local diner to catch dinner and talk life with a new friend. Now granted walking takes a bit more preparation now... I need to remember to wrap the scarf around my neck, toss the gloves in the purse, and stuff a hat into my pocket and put the jacket on PRIOR to going out the front door... but this city inspires me to stretch my legs and venture out. I want to be out and about instead of wanting to curl up at home. Tomorrow it's snow shoeing with a co-worker and her friend. I'm hoping for happy snow and as I'm thinking about that I better be off to adjust the straps on my snow shoes for my boots and get things prepped...

To those who have been pinging me- I'm sorry I've been bad at my typing/texting/calling and general contact but it feels like I've gone out every single night/day this past week. I swear I'll re-boot and re-engage :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment