Saturday, February 7, 2009

Does it ever recede...

This weekend I decided to expand my horizons a little... in a mass e-mail in the last week or so I noticed an advertisement for a free class teaching exercise design for homeland security. So I keep thinking I'm just going to hug the trees and stick to the whole NEPA thing and then what do I go and do? I sign up for a class  that's Friday night, plus Saturday and Sunday from 8-5.  Then here's the other thing... I'm actually having fun. I mean I'm hanging out with people designing a functional exercise to test a small town EOC with a F-2 tornado. I mean it's exciting and entertaining and damn I thought I was over that whole gee order out of chaos thing...

The class is interesting, the people are cool, and while it's a whole lot of time to invest for one weekend- well it just validates to me that while there is a ton to learn I really do have a good deal of knowledge about various things. So who knows what the future will bring- but I'm not over this whole wildfire thing though it's no longer all consuming it's still facinating. I know, I'm rambling today.

Have to get up early for class and I'm going to go attempt  to program my new coffee pot...

No comments:

Post a Comment