Saturday, April 4, 2009

I have discovered facebook... and it is a black hole...

So you may have noticed a lack of posting lately... there are a couple of reasons: 1. My job is being challenging and who just wants to bitch about work 2. Life is turning more into a normal life and less (at the moment) of crazy new adventures... but in the past couple of weeks I must admit that a good deal of it has to do with the fact that I have been experiencing the facebook draw...

So it's been great because now instead of just seeing what my family is doing (seriously I think my first fifteen facebook friends were family) I am now reconnecting with friends from Jr. High, High School, college... everywhere. It's facinating to find that the guy I am dating worked for the same organization that one of my best friends from jr high now works for (and it's a relatively small organization). It's also fun to see pictures of friend's kids and be able to share my little adventures in Colorado with folks who I otherwise don't spend a lot of time talking to.

But right now is the slight calm before the storm- work has been crazy busy getting ready for our insane travel schedule. But I do have to say that with the help of Google calendar (it has to be color coded for me to get it) I have managed to figure out a tentative schedule that is sending me to Washington DC, Snowbird Resort in Utah, Alaska (Anchorage and Fairbanks), Idaho (Boise), Nevada (Vegas and Reno), Gunnison CO, and I think I unfortunately am going to miss Wyoming. But all this.... before the end of August! So the traveling adventures will start again :-) 

I am looking forward to the adventures but I also am trying to make sure there are a few personal adventures thrown in the mix. So far the guy and I are trying to think of someplace fun to explore in CO but the biggest challenge is finding time between our scheduled travels... in the meantime life is turning more towards a new normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment