Friday, December 19, 2008

Mass distribution of random facts

So I'm not sure how long/if I'll keep this blog but I thought I'd try it out... since I'm going to be moving across states and I'm not being a very good e-mailer lately maybe I'll be a little bit better at keeping in touch. The evening hours have been sorting and packing instead of typing lately and so much has been going on I don't know where to start.

So... I'm moving to Denver and will live in the Speer neighborhood (just south of Capitol Hill) of Denver proper in a cute little duplex. I'm going to have my own little place again and am looking forward to rearranging furniture- okay well not a ton but it is exciting to try and figure out what artwork goes where now. I'll be leaving San Diego Jan 1st and doing the drive with Mom through the Utah route.

Oh... and for those of you wondering where the title comes from... Sierra Point is a location in Yosemite National Park. The trail was closed in the '70s but before moving down to San Diego in April 2006 I went to Yosemite for a last hurrah with DC and the Greenwoods and hiked this trail. Something about going off the beaten path and standing in the middle of such beauty just told me that it was a defining moment. It solidified that the possibilities for the future are open. 2 jobs, a couple of guys, some great hikes, 2 new hobbies, and lots of airline miles later I am ready to trade San Diego for Denver and the private sector for government again.

So as I stand looking out at the possibilities... who knows where I'll be in a year but I am eager to find out :-)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you, Victoria! You will succeed wherever you are...hard to find a prettier state! Enjoy. Alison

    ReplyDelete